In this time of social distancing, people are relying more and more on social media to make buying decisions. And as people spend more time on Facebook and Instagram , restaurants have an opportunity to engage with them, and grow organic sales - through smart marketing, and in a way that doesn’t eat into the restaurant margins.
Why Facebook Messenger Ordering Matters?
Facebook is the largest social media platform in the world. If Facebook were to be a country, it’d be bigger than China and India. If Instagram were a country, it’d be larger than the United States! The sheer size of the social media audience presents a huge opportunity for online ordering. And because online ordering is so convenient, customers are drawn to it, especially in the context of social distancing - not just from people, but also from their favorite restaurants.
For the Restaurant owners online food ordering solutions help them keep engaged with their customers, as well as organically increase the number of direct pickup and delivery orders.Also, when restaurants accept orders through social media, their average order sizes and frequency are higher. And because People trust social media more than they trust 3rd-party websites. restaurants can build a more engaged and loyal customer base.
However, to make the most of these circumstances, restaurants will have to quickly move to an integrated solution that takes care of everything from marketing to order delivery - like JoyUp!
Social media marketing - more than a mere presence
While many restaurants maintain a presence on FaceBook and Instagram, they struggle with effectively turning that into dollars and cents. Marketing on the channel often requires resources they don’t have, or time they can’t spend.
With JoyUp assitant, the lifecycle of launching campaigns on social media is shortened, and condensed to a few clicks on a smartphone. Restaurants can pick how much to spend, what offers to market and how long to run the campaign in a couple of minutes! JoyUp launches the campaign and creates a delightful experience for customers to order right on the platform
The JoyUp ordering journey is simple and seamless for everyone
Easy experience for customers on their preferred platform
As soon as your customer visits your Facebook or Instagram page (after responding to posts or ads), they will be able to access your restaurant menu and place an order directly from Facebook messenger, as if they were chatting with you. The user experience is seamless from selection to payment to status notifications to delivery tracking.
Your customers appreciate speed, convenience, and the visibility into their order all the way to their door. They’ll grow to love your restaurant very quickly! Satisfied customers can share their delight with your restaurant on their personal Facebook timelines and generate more organic interest. Messenger helps collect reviews from users after the delivery is completed.
Ordering Journey For Square Merchants is just as smooth
- To start receiving orders directly from your Facebook page, you will need to go through a few simple enrollment steps. This will enable customers to see your menu, make their orders, and pay at the tap of a button.
- Once a customer places an order, your restaurant will receive the order alert and your staff can start preparing it.
- Order is pushed to the Square POS directly - without the need of another tablet, like you use for other delivery services. And if your kitchen is driven by a ticketing system, tickets are automatically printed.
- The customer has two options: pick-up or delivery. Whichever option they choose, everything goes fast. They can drive up and pick up their order, or a dispatch driver can go deliver the meal within minutes. The orders are marked clearly for visibility.
It’s THAT simple! No calls, no devices, no need to manage delivery.
Commission-Free Deposits In Your Bank Account, Using Square Payments
With Joyup, you'll enjoy an easy-to-manage online food ordering system and never have to spend another dollar on paying delivery commissions to 3rd-party delivery apps ever again!
Joyup will integrate a white-label ordering system in your social media so you can start getting 4x more orders. White-label simply means that our online food ordering system will run in the background. Customers will never even know we’re there.
And because of the $0 commission delivery integrated, you can save up to $150 a day on deliveries. That’s a lot of money!
Want to learn more?
Please reach out to us here to discuss how JoyUp can help you!
Joyup.me is helping restaurants across US, Canada battle COVID-19. We’re currently running a special discount: enjoy free activation and free services for your first 30 days
- Third-party delivery companies continue to grow in popularity due to the pandemic as customers adjust to life without dine-ins but at great cost to restaurants
- Learn how to save delivery costs, get more ROI and create unique customer experience by converting from third-party delivery to first-party zero-commission deliveries
According to Statista, the revenue from online food delivery amounts to $26,527 million in 2020 and is expected to grow at an annual rate of 5.1% for the next 5 years. At $15,631 million, the United States currently has the largest segment of restaurant-to-consumer delivery.
Due to social distancing and lockdowns, Americans have had to adjust to this new reality, and third-party delivery companies are cashing in big-time to the detriment of the restaurants they claim to serve.
JoyUp vs Third-Party Delivery Services (Costs Comparison)
Where you have to pay 30% per order to third-party delivery apps, the charges for JoyUp are a lot less. You only pay a flat, low fee. Consider the image below:
In a restaurant hosted on a third-party delivery company, for a meal of $30, a customer would have to pay an extra 22% for delivery fees and service charges, bringing the overall payment to $38.50 dollars. After the 3rd party delivery company deducts commissions, the restaurant gets only 55% of the $30 order value.
But with the commission-free delivery offered by JoyUp, the restaurant will gain 77% of the $30 order value, while the customer pays 12% less. It’s a win-win situation for all parties involved. With JoyUp, the restaurant gains 22% more revenue than if they were using a 3rd-party delivery company, and the customer pays 12% less.
Why You Should Choose JoyUp Over Third-Party Delivery Companies
- At face value, it seems convenient to have someone else handle your deliveries while you focus on your food, but there are significant drawbacks to handing over control of the online portion of your restaurant business to a third party delivery company. Especially when you consider that online ordering makes up a significant portion of your revenue these days.
- These third-party delivery companies have beentaking as much as 30% on commissions per order. It grew so alarming that San Francisco had to cap commissions at 15% of every order, but even then 15% commission per order is still A LOT!
- Even in the middle of a pandemic, when restaurants are struggling to survive, 3rd-party apps have refused to (temporarily) reduce commissions.The image below illustrates a restaurant’s gross sales comparison between JoyUp and UberEats for the month of April – amidst the pandemic where JoyUp generated about 70% more sales for the restaurant than UberEats did.
- Every restaurant owner knows how little the margins of profit are. To keep giving 15-30% to someone else does not bode well for business in the long term.
- If your restaurant has a presence on a popular delivery app, it means there is a potential to get some traffic. But this also means you’re competing for attention with tons of other restaurants without any unique experience. You’re giving away 30% of your income and you aren’t getting any special treatment!
DoorDash, Grubhub, Uber Eats, etc. are all great food delivery partners…in theory. But beneath all the gimmicks of helping brands survive the pandemic and participate in the growth of digital ordering, they’re in fact hurting your restaurant.
If your restaurant is hosted on their platform, and a visitor makes an order from your restaurant, you don’t really get the customer data. Without customer data, you cannot retarget an audience, you cannot market to them, you cannot optimize user experience for them. Instead, these third party delivery apps acquire the customer data and force restaurants to compete against each other inside their marketplace for what is now their customer. In the end, people who order from your store are never really your own.
Why spend 30% of your revenue for so little value?
How JoyUp Can Grow Your Restaurant
JoyUp is a white-label first-party delivery service that will not compete with you for your customers. Instead, we will help you grow your customer base at much less cost. As a first-party delivery service, we help differentiate you from the crowd and take complete control over your online ordering.
And since 70% of Consumers prefer to order directly from Restaurants, not third-party services, why hustle for crowded space in a third party delivery app when your customers would rather buy directly from you?
JoyUp enables you to receive orders from your social media page at zero commissions. Our commission-free pickup and delivery service works behind the scenes to create a unique customer experience for your restaurant.
How cool is that?
Click the big Yellow button below to request a demo, and see firsthand how restaurants are using JoyUp to turbocharge their online restaurant marketing.